The Flagship Car All Set to Create a Benchmark
From moment BMW disclosed that it is working on a new M8 flagship, car enthusiasts can’t wait to get their hands on this 600+bhp new generation model. Speculations are that the M8 will be a replacement of the M6 coupe and convertible models. Though BMW hasn’t officially released the photographs and specifications of its flagship model, the camouflaged model that was unveiled at the 2017 Nürburgring 24hr race has got all the attention of the spies. To give you a glimpse of what the all-new BMW M8 could be like, we have compiled the information gathered from many sources in the blog post. Take a look.
- The M8 will have the same eight-speed automatic gearbox that is present in the M5. You can also expect the same all-wheel drive system in the M8 to offer two-wheel and four-wheel configurations through the iDrive driving modes of the car. This intelligent system will ensure that appropriate power is sent to its Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 front tires.
- There will be an intelligent center diff to lock the car if you want to drive it in rear-wheel mode. You will, however, still be able to drive this machine as a 600+bhp rear-wheel drive coupe.
- The M8 will have carbon-fiber panels that will make it a light-weight vehicle. Expect the dry weight of the M8 to be around 3968 pounds.
- The car will speed from 0-62 mph in 3.0 seconds. The top speed will be around 155 mph, but there will be an option to increase it to 186 mph.
- The BMW M8 might have a subtle shape with small wheels but a high nose. The overall footprint of the car could be small, and it will look similar to a coupe. Contemporary lights and headlights with latest LED technology will be the part of the design.
The BMW M8 is already in the development stage and is expected to hit the market in 2018. If you think that the German luxury vehicle maker will sit-back and relax once the M8 is launched, be ready to welcome the M8 GTE. AutoBidMaster will try to share more details of this racing car in upcoming blogs. We are one of the reputable and highly-recommended USA states auto auctions websites offer over 137,000 used and salvage vehicles at affordable prices. If you are looking for an old or recently launched BMW at car auctions in US, check out our exhaustive inventory and make your pick. For any questions or concerns related to bidding, feel free to reach us at +1 (503) 298-4300
- 5 Frequently Replaced Car Parts You Can Salvage from Junk Cars - October 16, 2023
- Top Muscle Cars for Your Next Restoration Project - October 9, 2023
- Top Benefits of Participating in Online Vehicle Auctions - October 2, 2023