Industrial equipment auctions feature great bargains on a range of forklifts of various makes and models that cater to diverse budgets and applications. AutoBidMaster’s industrial equipment auctions run throughout the year and are open to all, which means that participants don’t even need a dealer’s license and all they have to do is register to start bidding. To help you choose the right forklift from our industrial equipment auctions, we have put together this brief guide. Read on.
Be Clear About Your Needs
The first stop when planning to buy a used or salvage forklift is to clearly define your needs and also prioritize your wants. Some of the important considerations on this path include:
1. Indoor or outdoor operation
2. Isle width and max lift height
3. Internal combustion engine or electric
4. Lift capacity
5. Nature of loads
Know the Potential Problem Areas
Knowing the common problem areas goes a long way when evaluating available forklift deals. You can easily set your bids and also estimate any repair costs. Common potential problem areas at which to look are:
1. Listen for any odd noises coming from the engine
2. Lift and lower arms as well as side-shift them left and right
3. Tilt the mast in both directions
4. Drive the forklift in both directions
5. Check and test safety features including brakes, lights, and horn
6. Run the forklift for about ten minutes and check for fluid leaks
Forks and Mast
Check the forks for cracks, warping, and bends. Cracks compromise the integrity of the lifting system and pose a real risk for operations. The thickness of the fork heels should also align with that of the shank. Also check to see if the mast pins and cylinders are secure and free from damage.
Mast Rails, Lift Chains & Cylinders
Cracks work to weaken the mast rails as does wear and tear to mast rollers. The presence of welds is also an indicator of previous damage. Look for damaged or missing links or anchor pins on the chains. Look for any leaks on hydraulic hoses and also look for any damage, leaks, missing, or loose bolts on tilt cylinders.
Availability of Parts
Make sure that spare parts are readily available at reasonable prices that don’t send your running costs ballooning. Consult forklift dealerships and browse through available options for salvage replacement parts. You may also get refurbished parts for some obsolete models. Whatever the case, it is important to consider all available information to arrive at an informed decision.
AutoBidMaster offers multiple options across different forklift types, makes, and models at heavily discounted prices. If you have any questions about our salvage industrial equipment auctions, or would like expert assistance, talk to our Buyer Services team. Simply call +1 (503) 298-4300, Monday through Friday, 6:00 AM to 4:00 PM (GMT-8:00), or email support@AutoBidMaster.com.
- 5 Frequently Replaced Car Parts You Can Salvage from Junk Cars - October 16, 2023
- Top Muscle Cars for Your Next Restoration Project - October 9, 2023
- Top Benefits of Participating in Online Vehicle Auctions - October 2, 2023